Concerned about the worrying situation of Ms. Nasrin Sotoudeh, a courageous lawyer currently imprisoned in Iran for defending her political prisoner clients, the Iranian Canadian Congress wrote a letter to John Baird, Canada’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, to urge Canadian involvement in the case. Ms. Sotoudeh, a recent winner of the European Parliament’s prestigious Sakharov Prize, has been on hunger strike to protest her conditions of detention. Her case is of tremendous concern to Iranian-Canadians. The text of the ICC’s letter to Minister Baird is below: http://iccongress.ca/articles/icc-urges-canadian-action-sotoudeh
- Nasrin Sotoudeh, on an indefinite hunger strike since October 17, 2012! Her health is at SERIOUS RISK!
- Reza Khandan (via Facebook): After weeks I was finally [permitted] a cubicle visit with Nasrin on Tuesday.
- Happy Birthday to you dear Mehraveh!
- Nasrin Sotoudeh Transferred Back to the General Ward in Evin Prison
- Nasrin Sotoudeh Denied Visitation Yet Again, on the 33rd Day of Her Hunger Strike